H&H Group Holdings
Energy Analyst/Business Developer
Date posted: Monday, February 26, 2018
H&H Energy Services is a division of H&H Group Holdings, a diversified construction services firm in Madison, WI. We are a small team of individuals who collaborate to develop and implement large energy-saving projects on commercial and industrial facilities. Performance contracting is a large portion of the work completed and remains one of the primary focuses of H&H Energy Services.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team to contribute in the critical areas of sales, energy calculations, energy auditing, and measurement and verification.
Well-qualified candidates will have excellent communication skills, high energy and a passion for energy conservation. Most work performed is performed in a standard office setting, but will also include construction job site presence in various environmental conditions. Travel to job sites and potential customers will be required, but overnight travel is infrequent.
- Pursuing new business opportunities through marketing, sales, and networking activity with potential clients and partnering companies. The ability to initiate calls with prospective customers is important, as well as networking with existing relationships to build a pipeline of potential projects.
- Conducting realistic energy savings calculations for various types of commercial and industrial building and equipment, including, but not limited to: lighting, HVAC, refrigeration, and building shell.
- Analyzing building utility bills and conducting utility rate analyses utilizing Excel tools to determine building baseline data, energy savings, and costs associated with utilities.
- Keeping current on latest energy-saving technologies and implementation practices.
- Performing measurement and verification of pre-installed and installed energy- savings measures. Verification could include, but is not limited to, data logging, onsite testing, and data analysis.
- Preparing reports and bids. Reports could include: measurement and verification reports for clients utilizing data collected from the measurement and verification process, energy assessment reports compiling information collected during site audits and proposal and bid responses.
- Energy auditing of facilities during an onsite investigation.
- Project development following the initial sale, including progressing the project from the initial sale to the construction phase. This requires a more comprehensive analysis into the pricing and savings of energy-saving projects.
- Researching technical topics and analyzing and interpreting data to draw conclusions based on collected data.
Education and Experience:
- Three years of relevant energy efficiency project experience, including specialized knowledge in energy upgrades is desired.
- Experience with outside sales is highly desired.
- Coursework in energy, engineering, or statistical analytics is desired.
- Experience in project management, construction oversight and cost estimating is desired.
- Certification as a Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) is desired.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to provide timely, accurate responses while functioning in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, well organized, and have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving (collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in a timely basis) and negotiation.
- Sound judgment, ability to make decisions, work and act independently, and seek assistance or consult with more experienced staff, as needed.
- Ability to operate a vehicle. Must have a valid Driver's License and personal vehicle liability insurance.
H&H has a long, robust history that began in 1901, when it was originally founded by William Hylund. Since then, H&H has evolved to become a key player in the construction, energy renewables and energy services industries.
H&H Energy Services is the leading energy service company (ESCO) in Wisconsin. We have developed and implemented more than $30M of facility and energy improvement projects with K12 schools, counties and state facilities over the last five years. Our experienced team of engineers and project managers bring their expertise to a wide variety of energy projects, including more specialized types such as ice bank chillers, biomass boilers, and energy recovery ventilators.
H&H Energy Services is conveniently located minutes from the beltline on the south side of Madison, WI, noted for its quality of life, acclaimed University of Wisconsin and beauty of its area lakes. The organization is friendly and informal, yet professional.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is provided, including health, dental, and vision insurances, 401(k), profit-sharing and Personal Time Off (PTO). Voluntary term life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurances are also available on a discretionary basis.
CEM Certified Energy Manager
CEP Certified Energy Procurement Professional
H&H Group Holdings
3201 Latham Ave
Madison WI 53713
Career Center Home | Back to Top