Director, Mechanical Engineering
Date posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018
DIRECTOR, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Caesars Entertainment, Inc. is the world's largest provider of branded casino entertainment. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada almost 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new properties, expansions and acquisitions. On June 13, 2005, Caesars Entertainment acquired Caesars Entertainment, Inc. and now owns or manages through various subsidiaries more than 54 casinos in five countries, primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names. With nearly 4 million square feet of casino space, more than 40,000 hotel rooms and nearly 65,000 employees, the Harrah's portfolio is the most diverse in the gaming industry. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its customers through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership.
For addition information regarding please visit: www.caesars.com
Las Vegas, NV
This is a management-level position within our corporate facilities and engineering department. This position requires strong technical knowledge of energy efficiency practices; building heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, components and systems; building automation controls and optimization strategies; system commissioning and retro-commissioning activities; and green building practices. The successful candidate will play an essential role in the reliable and efficient operation of the company’s mechanical and electrical systems. They will also support the development and prioritization of a multi-year maintenance and infrastructure capital plan to ensure we are focusing our resources wisely. The candidate will support the company’s corporate and property facility operations as a technical engineering resource. They will also interface closely with the strategic sourcing and design and construction departments.
- Conduct/Coordinate comprehensive multi-property hotel/casino energy assessments & analysis through property audits and coordination with on-site facility/engineering staff
- Identify, analyze and implement high-value energy efficiency projects applicable to each individual property location, including mechanical system upgrades, lighting projects, and advanced control strategies
- Develop, prioritize and manage energy efficiency and conservation projects at property locations corporate-wide
- Perform technical analysis to quantify project savings and identify key performance indicators to ensure persistence of savings
- Develop, prioritize and manage infrastructure projects at property locations corporate-wide
- Manage building and site optimization activities as related to central plant & HVAC equipment
- Perform design reviews for new construction and recommend energy-saving measures, including optimum mechanical, electrical and plumbing system selection and lighting and control equipment selection based on life-cycle analysis
- Provide general engineering support and guidance to property facility personnel across the enterprise
- Manage consultants and contractors as needed to accomplish required objectives
- Support corporate facility operations in the development of minimum standards for preventative maintenance of major mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems across the enterprise and assist with analyzing and recommending insourcing versus outsourcing decisions
Education and Experience:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent; and M.S. Engineering or equivalent desired
- Minimum 10 years of experience involving building energy systems and energy efficiency; energy services and performance contracting; energy modeling and analysis; or a combination thereof.
- Strong working knowledge of building infrastructure and mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, energy conservation measures & load management programs.
- Experience with construction/project management, vendor negotiations and energy project analysis.
- Experience with measurement and verification, energy engineering and statistical analysis.
- Experience with design review of new construction from an energy efficiency perspective, green building standards, and green building certification.
- Professional Engineer and/or Certified Energy Manager and/or LEED Accreditation, strongly desired
- HVAC design and energy modeling experience, a plus
- Experience with energy efficient design and LEED standards strongly desired
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Corporate office work environment
- Occasional travel required
- Some work performed at property locations in a "back-of-house" environment including mechanical and electrical equipment rooms
As part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include:
- Prior Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Social Security Trace
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)
Caesars Entertainment Supports Workforce Diversity.
Please apply online at: https://www.themuse.com/jobs/caesarsentertainment/director-mechanical-engineering-3be7be
Nicole O'Donnell, Senior Corporate Talent Specialist
One Harrah's Court
Las Vegas NV 89014
Career Center Home | Back to Top