Integrity Energy Services
Director of Engineering
Integrity Energy Services (IES) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Engineering in its Bellevue, Washington office. The Director of Engineering has overall responsibility for successfully leading all design for projects of varying size and complexity for IES clients. The Director of Engineering will organize and administer multiple projects from conception to completion, providing scoping, programming, pre-design, design, and construction administration for building and facility mechanical and electrical upgrades, and other types of projects. This individual will also be responsible for supporting business development efforts while concurrently delivering projects successfully, on time, on budget, and within clients’ expectations.
The Director of Engineering has bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of engineering projects. The Director plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls project design in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by Integrity Energy Services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all aspects of IES multiple discipline design projects (mechanical, electrical, structural, architectural).
• Provides leadership by demonstrating focus on exceeding customers' expectations.
• Develops and maintains long-term customer and subconsultant relationships.
• Responsible for the selection, hiring, and managing of subconsultants who are best suited for the specific project.
• Develops project schedules and track milestones.
• Defines, plans, schedules, and manages progress of multiple design projects utilizing all available resources.
• Manages the project to ensure it is completed within the project timeline.
• Manages multiple project stakeholders throughout all job phases to accomplish project goals and objectives.
• Provides direction during the design process on scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment, and constructability.
• Works with the construction team during the implementation phase to address and resolve construction related issues.
• Ensures compliance with state, local, and federal code and legal requirements.
• Ensures that assigned projects are billed on time, within budget and within scope of the contract.
• Provides monthly reporting of project financial status to IES leadership team.
• This position may require a flexible work schedule and extended work hours including evenings, weekends and travel outside the Puget Sound area.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Minimum Qualifications –
• Bachelor's Degree; and 10 years of related experience in engineering and design team management for projects of various size and complexity.
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks and deliver successful, timely project completion.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings with clients, contractors and other relevant stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced project environment with frequent deadlines and deliverables on multiple concurrent projects.
• Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of a design project.
• Self-directed and able to function with ease as part of project team.
• Proficiency in project management software, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and Outlook.
• Must be attentive to detail.
• Must have good coordination skills.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or similar specialty; and/or 10 years of related experience in leadership of design teams.
• Familiarity and understanding of energy calculations and modeling.
• Proficiency with advanced project management, scheduling, and document management systems and software.
• Construction estimating experience.
Integrity Energy Services, located in Bellevue, WA, was founded in 2002 to serve the built commercial building market, providing innovative solutions to replace their mechanical and electrical systems infrastructure. Our services include facility audits, design, estimating, and construction management. We provide these services on a wide range of project types including:
• Commercial high rise buildings
• Higher education facilities
• Municipal facilities
• Healthcare facilities
• Government facilities
• K-12 buildings
• Large retail facilities
• Aquatic centers
• Data centers
• Highly competitive salaries
• Performance based bonuses
• Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
• Exceptional health care benefits
• Great work environment
• Additional benefits (gym membership, transit pass, etc.)
• Challenging, complex projects
• Creative and innovative problem solving environment
• Opportunities for growth and development
• Opportunity to participate in company ownership
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest to Mark Foster, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Integrity Energy Services is committed to employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Career Center Home | Back to Top