Electricity Sector Specialist
Date posted: Thursday, January 04, 2018
Tetra Tech ES Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech dedicated to international development, is recruiting for an Electricity Sector Specialist or an Electric Utility Specialist to join our team supporting resilient energy, utility reform, transaction advisory services, and transmission and distribution consulting, and other electricity projects in developing nations around the world. This is a full-time position located in Arlington, VA.
- Carry out activities in the planning, design, development, and implementation of electricity projects in developing countries, focused on power generation, transmission and distribution.
- Carry out and lead the development of resource assessments, due diligence, feasibility studies, technology evaluations, market assessments, policy evaluations, and economic analyses in the electricity sector.
- Lead the development of capacity building efforts through training and workshops.
- Document and report on project activities, prepare position papers and technical review documents to assist in sharing project successes and lessons learned
- Identify new clients and business opportunities, prepare proposals, take a lead role in project implementation, and manage client relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Energy, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in the electricity sector, especially in utility operation and electricity markets.
- Experience in the implementation of power generation, transmission and distribution technologies.
- Experience in utility operations including electricity loss reduction strategies, outages reduction, network quality improvements, etc.
- Experience with power systems modeling.
- Knowledge of electricity regulatory environment.
- Working proficiency in French or Spanish preferred.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Stephen Bovee, International Recruiter
1320 N Courthouse Road Ste 600
Arlington VA 22201
Career Center Home | Back to Top