- Business and Industry Knowledge
- Delivering Sales Success
- Identifying and Qualifying Leads
- Influencing and Negotiating
- Financial Competence
- Networking with Clients
- Managing the Sales Cycle
- Managing Employee Engagement
- Expand and grow the customer base for Roth.
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing and sales strategies to identify, target, qualify, and secure utility customers for Sodexo’s utility energy services department. Secure new revenue by working with the Business Units and Shared Services Teams
- Formulate marketing and business development forecasts, plans, and activities to increase company presence and customer base in defined markets and achieve regional objectives.
- Develop, update, maintain and execute an approved accounts sales plan that includes:
- Developing target account prospects
- Understanding the sales cycle
- Projecting the revenue opportunity
- Identifying decision timeline and dates
- Confirming their implementation and first service dates
- Oversee the successful development, organization, strategic positioning, preparation, and issuance of winning proposals and presentations.
- Actively participate/lead professional seminars that focus on developing engagement of energy efficiency programs with utility companies
- Cultivate positive and effective business relationships. Meet with targeted utilities a minimum of twice annually.
- Develop experimental business models that help build strong business relationships with a strategic perspective to retain current utility clients.
- Assist with capital growth of Sodexo Utility Energy Services; this will include assisting with product developments, product improvements, helping to build new tools, new program ideas, etc.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeded assigned metrics include sales revenue requirements for awards, submittals and cross-selling.
- Keen understanding of the strategic issues facing investor owned utilities to deal with the constraints of both CapEx and OpEx funding.
- Create and maintain outstanding professional business relationships with multiple contacts.
- Prepare and present Roth’s Services through proposals, attending & lending presentations, lead response to RFP’s and bids. Communicate the features and benefits of Roth’s program so as to profitably position Roth’s services to address the prospect’s needs
- Identifies the customer’s objectives and describes how Sodexo can meet those objectives.
- Maintains current and accurate data, client information, prospect information, and competitive analyses.
- Determines customer needs, develops solutions and recommends a course of action to key decision-makers, based on analysis of the customer’s objectives, needs and problems.
- Where necessary, Work with the solution development teams to drive the solutions development process to ensure the best approach and solution scoping that provides winning proposals.
- Continually improve knowledge of sales process and Roth Services estimating process through training and research.
- Additional duties as required.
?Delivering Sales Success:
The ability to stimulate client or prospect interest, gain their commitment, and close sales of Roth/Sodexo products and services. This includes the ability to use resources, politics, and personalities in proactive and productive ways and successfully build support for and sell ideas. This also includes the ability to face resistance from potential or existing clients without becoming discouraged or defensive.
The ability to interpret, analyze, and explain financial information. This includes understanding financial data and accurately interpreting financial statements and reports (e.g., revenue, expenses, Profit and Loss (P&L), unit sales, weekly operating report, flash report) and historical data; identifying the key factors affecting the financial performance of his/her unit, as well as the organization as a whole.
Networking with Clients:
The ability to identify, build, and maintain an expansive client network to obtain information and accomplish objectives. This includes utilizing these contacts to build and strengthen the business.
Managing the Sales Cycle:
The ability to identify new business opportunities, decisively and proactively go after sales leads, manage all aspects of the sales cycle, gain commitment or “buy-in” from relevant internal and external parties, and generate and choose effective solutions based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and available resources.
Scope of Impact:
Decisions affect work of district/area/function and may extend to an entire operating division.
Legal Age: 18 years old
Education or Equivalent Experience: Bachelor’s degree
Function Specific Experience: Minimum 10 years progressive experience in leading business development and/or client relationship management activities with investor owned utilities including executive level contacts with utility clients.
It is intended in this role that travel is expected, as needed, up to 50% within North America, but could reach periodically into international travel.
Work is typically performed in a standard office environment, is sedentary in nature and typically requires occasional carrying, maneuvering and lifting in order to complete duties of the position. Frequent hand /eye coordination is used to operate keyboard and related office equipment. Travel to job-sites as required to check progress, attend job meetings and resolve problems or conflicts. Varying site conditions including mud, gravel, uneven ground and other obstacles may be encountered. Climbing of ladders and gaining roof access is also required. Lifting more than 20 lbs. may be required.