Energy Engineer II
Date posted: Monday, November 13, 2017
EMAT is seeking a mid-level, full time energy auditor/engineer to join our energy management team. We are located in the Greater DC area.
New team members will be trained to assist our team in providing effective and pragmatic energy management solutions for our clients. These individuals will become a valuable asset to our energy management team and, with training, will be fully capable of performing all aspects of energy assessments, developing procedures to assist in assessments, and providing general support for the energy management team.
The EMAT team utilizes in-house developed, cutting-edge, EMAT software creating a distinct competitive advantage, while offering team members the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in the future of energy auditing. To this end, successful candidates will be expected to learn new software rapidly and be an active participant in providing feedback and ideas for an ever-evolving product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Eagerly and enthusiastically engage in all training provided
- Conduct comprehensive energy audits (ASHRAE Level I-III) at customer site facilities
- Collect and input data involving project site electrical and mechanical systems
- Assemble site energy inventory and perform energy/water consumption measurements
- Identify energy conservation measures and conduct analysis for prioritization
- Develop summary and detailed post-audit reports
- Assist with the expansion of calculations and procedures utilized throughout the energy assessment and management process
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Environmental Engineering, Energy Management, Architecture, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in energy management and performing energy audits
- Knowledge of building systems, energy conservation principles/calculations, and relevant government regulations required
- Ability to accomplish tasks timely with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills; team members will be expected to correspond directly with clients on a regular basis
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
- Flexibility and reliability to travel to client sites domestically and internationally
- Maintain a basic level of physical fitness to ensure the ability to navigate throughout client facilities
- Valid driver’s license; U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status
Certification or Licensure:
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Energy-Manager-In-Training (EMIT) certifications are a plus but not required
Salary is commensurate with experience and travel will be reimbursed in accordance with federal guidelines. Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO/AA EMPLOYER. WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.
5202 Presidents Ct
Frederick MD 21703
Career Center Home | Back to Top