Senior Mechanical Engineer
Date posted: Monday, September 11, 2017
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, performs master planning, design, design direction and review, construction administration and troubleshooting for the College's mechanical systems. Areas of responsibility include Central Chilled Water Plants and distribution, and building HVAC, controls, fire protection, and plumbing systems.
Dartmouth's Campus Services Division is responsible for planning, design, construction and operation of Dartmouth's buildings, campus landscape and infrastructure. Dartmouth's facilities include over 5 million square feet of space in 165 buildings. These facilities serve over 5,600 students and 5,000 faculty and staff in a variety of academic, research, administrative, athletic, and residential spaces.
Skills & Knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems associated with the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems and equipment.
• Strong knowledge of institutional building mechanical and central plant systems, DDC controls, energy conservation and commissioning practices, water treatment practices, construction techniques, drafting standards, and construction estimating.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Adept at working with computerized systems.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve issues in a diplomatic manner, and to mentor others.
• Familiarity with and skilled in interpreting construction documents and contracts.
• Familiarity with town, state, and federal codes and ordinances.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to handle emergency situations and react in a calm professional manner.
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
TA ThirtyEight, Senior Recruiting Consultant
7 Lebanon St.
Hanover NH 03755
Career Center Home | Back to Top