Date posted: Friday, August 04, 2017
Emory University Campus Services' Facilities Management Department currently has an Energy Manager position available within the Energy and Utilities Department.
- Reporting to the Sr. Director of Energy Strategy and Utilities, is responsible for implementing Emory's Energy Management Program, including the planning, regulating and monitoring of campus energy and water use.
- Strives to improve energy efficiency through careful evaluation of the organization's energy use and the implementation of energy-saving measures and efficient operations.
- Energy savings measures should include technical equipment and processes along with procedural changes.
- Responsible for timely reporting of energy use and tracking of energy conservation measure results; tracking of energy data in Portfolio Manager for LEED buildings and buildings enrolled in the Better Buildings Challenge; reporting of greenhouse gas data in support of the University's Climate Action Plan; as well as overall management of a centralized energy/water campus database.
- Provides engineering support in the areas of lighting, lighting controls, building automation, and other areas related to building energy and water use.
- Reviews Energy Models for new construction as well as large renovations to ensure designs are focused on reducing the energy use index.
- Works with the Sustainable Performance group to verify accuracy of energy models and updates as needed. Serves as back-up to the Director of Engineering.
- Serves as a resource to the Planning, Design and Construction Department for identifying energy-efficient technologies and peer institution experiences.
- Responsible for Emory's internal metering system to include annual calibration, maintenance, and meter upgrades as well as migration to remote reading capability.
- Develops and reviews appropriate reporting on utilities to address metering errors and inefficient building consumption.
- Works with other Facility Management areas to correct inefficient uses of energy and water, as well as provide support for LEED certification.
- Ensures that Emory is receiving the best value in utility procurement through annual utility rate reviews and revolving individual utility bill reviews for accuracy.
- Prepares and maintains the comprehensive University's energy conservation action plan to include previous and ongoing efforts and short, intermediate and long term goals.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
A bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program or other related technical field and seven years of related work experience, which includes a minimum of five years in energy management. Must have previous experience that demonstrates the ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities; excellent organizational and communication skills. Previous experience with lighting, lighting controls and building controls preferred. Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification preferred.
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
CEM Certified Energy Manager
Joan Kowal, Sr. Director Energy and Utilities
301 FM Drive
Atlanta GA 30322
Career Center Home | Back to Top