Instrument & Controls Engineer
Date posted: Friday, June 09, 2017
Sierra Energy offers a startup culture of fast-paced, creative-thinking, strong team mentality, always exciting, down to earth atmosphere, a no-cost for employee health insurance plan that includes medical, dental and vision, paid time off, flexible schedules, daily lunches, snacks, and beverages provided by our corporate Chef, casual attire, and special employee gatherings.
The most important benefit is the global impact that you will make working at Sierra Energy! Be part of the dynamic team that is helping to bring world-changing clean technologies to market.
Job Purpose: Evaluate, select, and install instrumentation in support of Sierra Energy products. Work closely with the technical staff to ensure safe and reliable operation of process instrumentation and systems.
Experience and skill set should include:
- Development of instrumentation and control design documents
- Instrumentation (including valves and actuators) evaluation, design and selection
- Cost vs. value analysis of instrumentation options
- Instrumentation installation design and configuration
- Knowledge of Class I, Div. I & II explosion proof and intrinsically safe requirements
- Control system logic design
- Control system architecture and wiring design, including SCADA, Ethernet and Modbus
- Experience developing sequence of operations and test procedures for instrumentation
- Familiar with AutoCAD for P&ID and Control Panel drawings, etc.
- Coordination with colleagues in other engineering disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Coordination with clients, equipment vendors and contractors on projects
- Field commissioning support on project start up efforts
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years' controls engineering experience
- Willing to travel to trainings and worksites as needed
- Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley) experience a plus
- Electrical Engineering experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
Supervision: Receive very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; usually exercise independent discretion and judgment regarding significant matters; operate within company guidelines using independent discretion or judgment to achieve assigned objectives.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb process ladders and stairways and work safely on elevated process assemblies in all environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sierra Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and maintains a policy and practice of non-discrimination.
Energy, Environment & Plant Engineering
Sylvia Pham, HR Director
1222 Research Park Drive
Davis CA 95618
Phone: 530-759-9827 ext. 530
Career Center Home | Back to Top