Federal Account Executive
Date posted: Friday, June 09, 2017
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Federal Account Executive position is designed to deliver high value to the Trane organization. The position is a multi-functional role that is accountable for one or multiple ESPC or similar project(s). Each account executive can have an expected bookings goal of $10M to $20M per year. The account executive coordinates and oversees all phases of the ESPC process: Acquisition, Proposals, Development, Construction (Implementation) and Performance Period activities. The Federal Account Executive is fully accountable for each project in their respective portfolio and represents Trane to each customer within that assignment throughout the project lifecycle. The Federal Account Executive will be responsible for understanding and utilizing the Federal Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC), Utility Energy Services (UESC), and other similar contract vehicles.
Additionally, a Federal Account Executive may be expected to represent Trane in special cases as required, e.g., Lobbying Organizations, Industry Associations, Contracting Officer relationships, and other special assignments requiring the skills of an experienced Trane employee in the federal space.
- Production of expected sales orders to consistently provide ongoing revenue and bookings goals
- Represents Trane to our Government Customers and acts as a Trane spokesperson to the Government on ESPC projects
- Sells complex financial energy solutions including complex financial solutions and strategies when developing all project proposals
- Accountable for Development Oversight, Coordination and Communication with other team members to guide the project(s) to a successful completion
- Accountable for overall Proposal Development and Oversight on each stage of development
- Accountable for Communication with the Government and Local Offices for each project assignment
- Provide marketplace feedback, including competitive information, customer expectations, industry trends, etc.
- Identify and qualify energy sales opportunities with federal customers
- Evaluate and suggest potential partnering and teaming relationships
- Work with internal and external partners to understand and employ new energy technologies, especially around renewables
- Develops and deploy account strategies for assigned federal accounts
- Track and report on key business results, financial data and customer/industry trends
- Keeps current in the federal marketplace, leveraging relationships at DoD and Civilian Agencies
- Participates in various associations and organizations that promote Trane’s position in the federal marketplace such as: SAME, FPCC, FUPWG and other professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technical, Business or related field required
- Extensive sales record in ESPC, performance contracting, owner direct and/or consultative sales required
- MBA preferred
- AEE – CEM certification is preferred, but completion is expected within first three years
- Provide sound “business judgment.” Weighing risk and reward in conjunction with the management team.
- Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Ability to work regularly, independently and dependably
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers
- Experience developing and explaining complex financial proformas
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and business relationships
- Facility Solutions Background & Perspective: HVAC, Lighting, Controls, “Envelope,” Construction
- Excellent Communication Skills: Oral, Written, Executive Presentation, Training
- Business Savvy: Financial Selling, Contracts, High-Level Owner
- Management Experience: Process Oriented, Team Oriented
- Performance Contracting Sales: Qualify, Initiate, Propose and Close the Contract
- General Attributes: Impeccable Business Ethics, Professional image, Exceptional Organizational Skills, Innovative, Customer Focused, Good Business Judgment
- Travel requirements: 2 to 3 weeks per month
- Physical demands related to normal requirements of an engineering/sales role
- Applicant must be able to acquire Federal Government Security Checks
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status
- Valid Drivers’ License in good standing, issued by resident state
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Energy, Environment & Plant Engineering
Jeffrey Rud, Talent Acquisition Partner
Davidson NC 28036
Career Center Home | Back to Top