New York Power Authority
Project Engineer I
Date posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Would you like to be a part of an organization that is leading energy innovation? The New York Power Authority (NYPA) is the place. As the global energy landscape continues to evolve, NYPA is implementing a surge of technological innovations to bring New York State into the new energy paradigm.
The New York Power Authority’s Energy Efficiency Team is looking to employ a professional that possesses design and implementation experience required to identify, develop, and manage the implementation of Energy Efficiency Measures (EEMs) for State, City and Town Facilities and Public Schools. In addition the individual will be required to assist with business development to identify new projects at the various facilities.
Energy efficient technologies to be employed on various building systems including boilers, chillers, BMS, demand control ventilation, LED lighting and controls, compressed air, and HVAC distribution amongst others.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and/or review engineering calculations, energy savings estimates, and cost analyses, measure, measure descriptions and scope of work for energy efficiency study/audit reports, and designs in various phases
- Prepare and present financial and technical recommendations and project descriptions to our Customers
- Prepare and/or review equipment and labor bid specifications and design drawings, requests for proposals, tabulation of bids, recommendation of successful bidder, approval of award and development of customer installation commitment documents
- Supervise project activities for technical content, accuracy, cost control and schedule
- Ensure that all design, code, licensing and operating and maintenance requirements are met
- Coordinate activities between contractors / consultants / equipment vendors / customers to provide project construction quality assurance
- Comply and enforce the compliance of hazardous material handling, safety and environmental procedures
- Negotiate change orders to construction and services contracts and NYPA and program participant
- Ensure that all financial resources expended by NYPA are fully recovered from each program participant
- Required Skills
- Proficient with state-of-the-art engineering and analytical techniques and energy conservation and power conversion technologies is required.
- Proficient with basic accounting procedures and principles.
- In-depth knowledge of building mechanical and electrical systems as well as chillers, boilers, HVAC and building envelope is required. Incumbent must be an expert in local/state code requirements.
- Solid understanding of the electric utility and energy services industries.
- Broad technical knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines. Background experience with engineering consultants and labor contractors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good verbal communication skills. Incumbent must possess the ability to organize information and effectively present ideas to the intended audience.
- Strong project management skills are required, team oriented approach to project management is required to plan, execute and complete multiple projects on time and within budgeted allowance.
- Ability to provide guidance / direction to less senior engineers.
- Demonstrated high level of personal motivation, creativity, foresight and good judgment.
- Strong negotiating skills to professionally and respectfully resolve disputes with contactors and customers with outcomes that are in the best interest in the Power Authority and its customers.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an analytical function or relative work experience.
- Project Management and multi discipline Engineering..
- Professional certifications such as Project Management Professional Certification (PMPC) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM), or an advanced degree in an engineering, scientific or business discipline preferred.
- Qualifications to sit for Part I of the PE exam preferred.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sandra Bashford, Recruitment Coordinator
New York Power Authority
White Plains NY 10601
Career Center Home | Back to Top