Fort Collins Utilities
Energy Services Engineer
Date posted: Monday, April 17, 2017
SUMMARY: Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of efficiency programs and technical support for meeting the energy efficiency, conservation and renewable energy objectives of Utilities Energy Services division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
Energy Efficiency Program Planning, Project Management, Engineering Analysis and Implementation
- Plan for new, or revisions to existing, energy efficiency programs. Contribute to project management, engineering analysis and development of program materials.
- Manage the technical and programmatic implementation of specific efficiency programs, in conjunction with the Energy Services team.
- Provide technical analysis related to the development and evaluation of efficiency programs.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards as they apply to Utilities programs.
- Develop reports related to technical and programmatic performance of efficiency programs.
- Verify customer efficiency project compliance with program standards.
Customer Technical Support
- Provides direction to customers regarding energy efficiency decisions and alternatives, via telephone, email and face-to-face meetings.
- Communicate applicability of energy efficiency programs to customers.
- Analyze and interpret site and aggregated utility data.
- Communicate electric rate structures to customers.
- Perform on-site efficiency audits of residential, commercial and industrial facilities.
- Prepare reports for customers related to improving efficiency and related participation in efficiency programs.
Energy Services Team Support
- Provide oversight of related contractor training.
- Generate and revise calculation tools to improve the accuracy and/or efficiency of energy programs.
- Support the Energy Services team in staffing customer education and outreach events.
- Professional development. This involves reading publications, accessing web sites, and attending seminars and conferences.
- Educates and trains citizens and professionals by preparing written materials and making presentations on energy efficiency and energy services programs.
For more information and to APPLY, please visit the following website:
Application available through: 3pm on 5/1/2017
CEM Certified Energy Manager
Brian Tholl, Energy Services Supervisor
Fort Collins Utilities
222 Laporte Ave
Fort Collins CO 80525
Career Center Home | Back to Top