Energy Engineer / Staff Engineer
Date posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017
PowerSecure – Energy Efficiency Services (EES)
PowerSecure Energy Efficiency Services (EES) provides comprehensive project development, technical solutions and implementation services across the full spectrum of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. With our long history of supporting the Energy Service Company (ESCO) and Utility communities, we have developed unique engineering and construction expertise across the energy project process, from development through implementation and commissioning.
PowerSecure brings value and reliability to every project aspect by ensuring operational results and building strong customer relationships. PowerSecure’s greatest assets are our employees, and we strive to attract talented achievers.
Energy Engineer / Staff Engineer
Provide engineering support for Project Managers and Project Development Engineers throughout the various stages of project development and implementation as it relates to Design Build Energy Efficiency Upgrades.
Energy/Staff Engineer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist project development engineers with identification and selection of Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) for building infrastructure as it relates to Federal, Municipal, University, School, Hospital, and Public Housing industries.
- Coordination and scheduling of site surveys with customers and company personnel
- Interface with customer/building owners throughout projects.
- Identification of HVAC mechanical system types to aid in ECM development.
- Collect detailed information on existing energy consuming equipment and documentation of critical performance variables.
- Assist Project Managers with development of project schedules, meeting agendas, action registers, deliverables, etc.
- Develop equipment and material submittals for customers that comply with job specifications, codes and standards, and applicable governing agencies.
- Work with vendors and subcontractors to obtain pricing for equipment and material purchase orders that meet schedule and budget constraints.
- Complete construction permit applications and collaborate with plumbing, building, electrical, and fire sub code officials to confirm installations are in compliance with local codes.
- Collaborate and review design drawings for projects requiring Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing drawings.
Key Qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Engineering Technology/ Construction Management (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar environment preferred but not required.
- Must be a team player, motivated, and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Willingness to learn with strong abilities to participate in a project team environment.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be willing to travel nationally.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Excellent Pay and Compensation Package
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
PowerSecure is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Energy, Environment & Plant Engineering
MARYANNE LAUDERDALE, Director of Engineering
128 F Talbert Rd.
Mooresville NC 28117
Career Center Home | Back to Top