Laser Energy Controls
Date posted: Sunday, March 05, 2017
Energy Manager HVAC
Searching for an HVAC Professional (Engineer, CET, Other) to contribute to the success of an HVAC Contracting firm. Laser Energy Controls performs maintenance, repairs and energy improvements on HVAC equipment at commercial and multi-unit residential buildings across the Greater Toronto Area. As part of a smaller company, the candidate will perform their core tasks, but also enjoys assisting others in the office and in the field.
- Review buildings for HVAC related energy savings opportunities.
- Perform accurate equipment takeoffs, measurements and other details as applicable to existing HVAC systems.
- Site surveys will be required during all types of weather, including working on rooftops.
- Perform energy savings calculations and write reports/proposals to clients.
- Manage incentive applications to local utilities from start to finish.
- Assist with other HVAC improvements, such as fixing comfort issues, equipment reliability issues and other as may be requested by clients.
- Attend presentations to clients.
- Attend trade shows.
- Work involves a mix of office and site work; approximately 80% office, 20% site, but will fluctuate week to week.
- Work will mostly reside within the GTA area, with a strong focus for Toronto and areas on the west and to the north.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the HVAC industry is preferred. However, those with less experience and the right combination of other qualifications will be considered.
- Must be familiar with HVAC equipment, systems and controls. Focus will be on air handling units, rooftop units, exhaust fans and makeup air units.
- Experience surveying HVAC equipment including measurements and hand drawn diagrams.
- Experience reading HVAC drawings.
- Ability to draw and interpret HVAC schematics including air handling units.
- Energy auditing experience including site visits, savings calculations and reports.
- Energy savings calculations with spreadsheets, including Base Case, Retrofit Case and Savings for electricity and natural gas consumption.
- Knowledge of various financial incentive programs, such as saveONenergy, Enbridge Gas, Union Gas.
- Knowledge of VFDs and their applications to HVAC systems.
- Professional attitude, dress and personal upkeep.
- Must be familiar with MS Office products Word and Excel.
- Must possess their own vehicle with up to date driver’s license and insurance.
- Ability to work on rooftops and climb ladders in hot and cold weather.
- Submit resume and work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Laser Energy Controls
46-19 Kenview Blvd
Brampton ON L6T 5G6
Career Center Home | Back to Top