Sky Ranches, Inc
Date posted: Saturday, March 04, 2017
The Construction Superintendent supports Sky Ranch and the Sky Ranch Building Committee for all construction projects, major remodels and new construction from project planning conception to building completion/occupancy. This role includes creating Request for Proposals (RFPs) from Sky Ranch staff program needs, oversight (or management) of architects, engineers and contractors that are hired by the Sky Ranch Foundation Board, working with Sky Ranch staff to determine ministry and program needs, carrying the vision of aligning the unmet needs of Sky Ranch and the facilities with appropriate stewardship of resources. Representing Sky Ranch staff with appropriate early communication with the Building Committee for all capital projects and remodels and special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Operations or CEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the needs of the Building Committee, Sky Ranch Board members, the VP of Operations and CEO.
- Work with architects, engineers, contractors and similar industry professionals.
- Work with Staff and Building Committee to ensure facilities at all locations align with the master plan for each location.
- Coordinate and consolidate land surveys and topographical maps of all properties.
- Prepare related acquisitions for approval from the VP of Operations and President/CEO.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage all design and constructions processes with architects and contractors across multiple locations, ensuring compliance with building and life/safety codes and regulations.
- Ensure quality of work standards and contractor expectations on behalf of Sky Ranch on all projects.
- Sufficiently and effectively document all stages of project construction and development.
- Develop, communicate and maintain all appropriate cost estimates, budgets and project timelines.
- Manage and monitor project budget.
- Perform pre-construction, construction and post construction site walks with contractors.
- Ability to develop strong relationships, representing Sky Ranch in a Christ-like and professional manner.
- Be a committed believer in Jesus Christ and active in a local church.
- In-depth understanding of the field of construction and/or project management.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, architecture or at least ten years of related work experience in medium to large size construction projects is required.
- Knowledge of building principles, relevant rules, regulations and building codes for large building projects.
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative; effective problem solving skills with ability to investigate, analyze information, draw conclusions and provide written reports of the same.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to supervise safely and manage the work of others.
- Ability to prepare moderately complex reports, demonstrating compliance with active construction programs.
- Ability to travel to various geographic locations.
- Ability to work overtime, including weeknights and weekends.
- Proficient working knowledge and ability to print complex graphs and reports and use various office software including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
Facilities Planning & Design
Jennifer Covey, Director of Human Resources
Sky Ranches, Inc
24657 CR 448
Van TX 75057
Career Center Home | Back to Top