Date posted: Friday, March 03, 2017
Bucknell University's Facilities department is seeking a qualified candidate for the position on HVAC Supervisor.
This is an excellent full-time, benefit eligible opportunity to join a great team. Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns. Relocation assistance is also provided! Visit http://bucknell.edu/human-resources to learn more about Bucknell as employer and benefits.
The HVAC Supervisor shall be well versed in all aspects of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and associated equipment as well as have a background in plumbing and electrical systems.
- Manage day-to-day maintenance activities for Controls Technicians and assigned Utilities Technicians.
- Serve as first point of contact for all HVAC system related emergencies during the normal work day as well as off hours.
- Manage work order backlog in CMMS (TMA).
- Manage/maintain spare parts inventory and order parts to ensure repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Manage preventive maintenance program for responsible systems and associated equipment.
- Oversee implementation of and changes to the campus Building Automation System (BAS) and HVAC controls to maximize occupant comfort and system efficiency and minimize energy consumption. Includes modifying control system software; developing reports, trends, etc.; monitoring building and equipment alarms and responding accordingly; and coordinating and prioritizing tasks for BAS contractors including warranty items, corrective maintenance issues and retrocommissioning (RCx) activities.
- Design and execute small HVAC/controls related projects to meet ASHRAE code and University guidelines. Includes developing drawings and schedules, providing cost estimates, specifying and ordering parts, securing contractors, commissioning systems and communicating status to meet timelines.
- Provide support for large projects including reviewing drawings, specifications and control "sequence of operations" to ensure design meets University guidelines/standards. Coordinate outages related to projects, perform quality assurance inspections and attend project walks-thrus as required.
- Coordinate, schedule and communicate system shutdowns for maintenance with appropriate department personnel across campus.
- Provide technical support and direction for Controls Technicians and Utility Technicians.Train or direct training of personnel to develop their maximum effectiveness and potential, along with creating and implementing new facility programs.
- Enforce work rules, rules of conduct, performance standards and University and department policies, procedures and regulations for assigned personnel. Prepare and deliver annual performance reviews for assigned personnel.
- Work closely with Plumbing Supervisor to ensure manpower is assigned appropriately to meet campus wide maintenance needs and capital and maintenance project timelines.
- Work with Campus Energy Manager to provide technician support for energy management initiatives.
- Perform corrective maintenance on utilities systems and associated equipment.
- Other duties as required.
The person in this role must have commitment to promoting and supporting diversity and inclusion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with strong math and shop background.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions and procedures.
- A minimum five years commercial/institutional experience in the installation, maintenance, adjustment and repair of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigerant equipment/systems and associated pneumatic and DDC controls.
- Thorough working knowledge of commercial, institutional, and residential heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems including air handlers and associated components, pneumatic and electronic controls and Building Automation Systems (BAS), DX systems, hydronic pumping systems and components, chillers, boilers and air compressors
- Working knowledge of water, sewage, oil, gas, steam, condensate and fire sprinkler/prevention systems and associated equipment.
- The ability to interpret engineering and control drawings and read wiring diagrams.
- Thorough working knowledge of methods, materials, tools, instrumentation and equipment used in the HVAC trade as well as applicable code requirements including ASHRAE and federal, state and local health and safety codes.
- Knowledge of personal computers and programs including MS Office is required.
- Familiarity with industry standard safety procedures related to the operation of mechanical and electrical equipment, use of tools and equipment, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Two year technical degree from a qualified technical or trade school with emphasis in HVAC or electronics.
- Three years of experience supervising or managing technicians and/or leading projects in a construction or maintenance environment.
- Experience utilizing Building Automation Systems (BAS) or Energy Management Systems (EMS) such as Johnson Control (JCI), Automated Logic (ALC) and Analytika to troubleshoot system issues and optimize energy efficiency is preferred.
- Experience managing work orders through a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as TMA.
- EPA Refrigerant Recovery Certification.
- Knowledge of absorbers, chillers and cooling towers.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Ability to move around the entire work site including climbing ladders, stairs and scaffolds and entering confined areas and crawl spaces.
- Must be able to carry up to 75 lbs. unassisted.
- Daily exposure to dust, dirt, weather, and temperature changes.
- Position works indoors and outdoors.
In order to be considered for the position, all applicants are required to submit online a candidate profile, a letter of interest, a current resume, and a list of three references through the following site: http://careers.bucknell.edu
About Bucknell - Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns.
Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution, that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs.
Lewisburg PA 17837
Career Center Home | Back to Top