Job posting Energy Efficiency & Mechanical Engineer
Date posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Our client is a Vancouver/Victoria based energy efficiency business that works with building owners/managers, utilities, governments, and developers. The company plans and implements practical solutions that reduce environmental impacts and provide high returns on investment. We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual seeking a long-term position to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will provide exceptional service to internal and external stakeholders, and is excited to support projects that reduce buildings’ environmental impact.
Work from your home office; full-time, 40 hours per week, typically Monday to Friday. Periodic site visits to buildings throughout BC (primarily in the Lower Mainland) will be required; monthly meetings in the Vancouver office will also be required.
Who you are:
- Registered Professional Engineer (APEGBC) preferred; or highly experienced EIT.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) an asset.
- Post-secondary education in mechanical engineering and/or another relevant discipline such as building systems.
- Minimum of five years of relevant working experience in the following areas: mechanical HVAC, plumbing and controls systems, energy audits.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software or similar.
- Working experience and familiarity of Canadian/Provincial and other relevant codes and engineering standards.
- Knowledge and experience conducting ASHRAE energy audits and assessments for commercial buildings.
- Familiar with bid and tendering processes.
- Strong customer facing skills, with the ability to influence, advise and mediate, resolving issues through teamwork, respect, courtesy, and discretion.
- Excellent English communication and report writing skills.
- Strong presentation skills; experience presenting to a wide range of audiences.
- Proactive self-starter with a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Highly-organized with a meticulous detail-oriented, creative thinker who responds to a multitude of challenges and finds ways to get jobs and tasks complete within set deadlines.
- Skillful in Microsoft Office Suite; particularly an intermediate and proficiency in Excel.
- Enthusiastic individual seeking a long-term commitment with a growth-oriented company.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Canadian client sites.
- Management and project management experience an asset.
- Ability to grow into a senior management role.
- Conduct energy audits and assessments that recommend energy conservation measures (ECMs) to reduce natural gas, electricity, and water consumption.
- Design of mechanical HVAC systems for buildings of various sizes (e.g. multi-unit residential, commercial, institutional).
- Implement the design process through the production of design specifications and schematics, tendering, to final construction reviews.
- Improve company tools, templates, and processes for energy audits and mechanical design projects.
- Adhere to engineering design procedures and those set by the company.
- Produce internal and external reports.
- Contribute to the development of project proposals and business cases.
- Work with mechanical contractors and provide technical support.
- Communicate with customers by phone and email.
- Work closely with Project Manager and project team to ensure on-time project completion.
- Ability to work from home.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible hours of work.
- Opportunity to improve the environmental performance of the building stock.
Apply: If you are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume, indicating ‘Energy Efficiency & Mechanical Engineer 2.2017 - (First Name, Last Name)’ in the subject line.
CEM Certified Energy Manager
CEP Certified Energy Procurement Professional
Vancouver BC V6Z 2Y0
Career Center Home | Back to Top