Date posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017
MA Engineers is actively seeking a Commissioning Agent for immediate employment. This position is responsible for managing and implementing the commissioning process for various hospital, military, commercial and school projects. Cx Agent will ensure that equipment and systems are functioning at the efficiency level for which they were designed.
Must have an understanding of the following areas; mechanical systems & associated automated controls, lighting and lighting controls, domestic hot water systems, renewables (e.g. photovoltaic).
Fundamental duties include but are not limited to;
- Serving as the commissioning authority.
- Leading, reviewing, and overseeing the completion of commissioning process activities.
- Review of the Owner's Project Requirements (OPR). As required, assistance to the owner with the development of the OPR.
- Review of the Basis of Design (BOD).
- Development and implementation of commissioning plans.
- Ensuring commissioning requirements are incorporated into the construction documents (specifications). This includes either providing commissioning specification language or reviewing owner supplied specifications and providing comment.
- Review of design documents prior to mid-construction documents phase and back-checking in subsequent design submissions.
- Review of contractor submittals applicable to systems being commissioned for compliance with the OPR and BOD.
- Observation and direction of factory based performance testing as required.
- Development of prefunctional checklists to document proper equipment installation and startup.
- Supervision and support for the completion of prefunctional documentation by the sub-contractors.
- Development and execution of functional performance test procedures for the commissioned systems, leading the testing effort with assistance by the appropriate sub-contractors.
- Development and maintaining of commissioning issues log for issues identified during installation and startup as well as during functional performance testing.
- Preparation of final commissioning reports documenting the commissioning process, deficiencies identified and corrected, and any outstanding issues.
- Development of systems manuals providing operating staff the information needed to understand and optimally operate the commissioned systems.
- Verification requirements for training operating personnel and building occupants are completed.
- Review of building operation within 10 months after substantial completion with O&M staff and occupants. Include a plan for resolution of outstanding commissioning-related issues
Should be familiar with LEED (Energy & Atmosphere Prerequisite 1 – Fundamental Building Systems Commissioning, Energy & Atmosphere Credit 3 – Enhanced Commissioning, CA Title 24 Part 6, CA Title 24 Part 11, and NAVFAC requirements).
- 401K Plan
- Full Health/Dental/Vision
- Vacation/Sick time
- Location: San Diego, CA, USA
- Compensation: based on experience
Measurement & Verification
Quality Control & Reliability
5160 Carroll Canyon Road
San Diego CA 92121
Career Center Home | Back to Top