Tozour Energy Systems
Job Title: Energy Engineer
Reports To: Director of SMART Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for providing technical analysis, review, measurement, and verification of financially guaranteed projects. Provides technical analysis and review for performance monitoring or contracts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participates as team member of a project development team for development of energy savings and performance contracting projects
• Provides technical analysis/review for energy projects; providing project risk assessment.
• Perform building “walk-through” and identify energy conservation measures (architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) in commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
• Effectively develop scopes of work for, and manage consulting engineers performing Investment Grade building audits.
• Partners with offices on varying levels of project tasks as assigned by project development leader. Works autonomously on assignments.
• Interacts with customers, may support sales leaders and offices with larger scope customer presentations.
• Effectively analyze and assess the economic impacts of utility company rate structures and supply side options in a wide variety of customer environments
• Expert use of simulation software and spreadsheets to accurately represent pre and post retrofit building operation
• Customizes software and spreadsheets to achieve desired technical results and presentations.
• Recommends best methods for measurement and verification of system performance during the acquisition phase.
• Conducts interim reviews during project construction to assess guaranteed impact of any changes to the original contract scope of work.
• Effectively develop and perform customer presentations.
• Accurately assess and provide feedback on project engineering risk.
• Revises TRACE models for additions/changes to the facility that affect existing guarantees or for optimizing existing control strategies.
• Maps out/design project layout (Baseline information) in energy/utility accounting software.
• Analyses data output for trends and/or any deviations that need further investigating.
• Develops/streamlines existing reporting capabilities from a software standpoint and a usability perspective and investigate new technologies.
• Responsible for reviewing contract documents and conducting job surveys.
• Assists in the preparation of cost estimates for projects.
• Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communication with staff, as needed, providing customer feedback.
• Some travel with occasional overnight stays. (50 %)
• Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
? Exceptional ability, proficiency and experience with computer applications.
? Understanding of Construction processes and schedules
? Excellent communication skills and ability to interface professionally with customers.
? Desire for hands-on project development and customer contact.
• Ability and initiative to work independently; a self-starter with a high-energy level
• Other duties as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities, but may mentor more entry level energy engineers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and five (5) years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Energy Engineering. Knowledge and experience with HVAC, control, electrical systems and proficiency with energy analysis tools such as TRACE and system analyzer. Working knowledge of cost and savings studies incorporating energy conversation measures.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Desire for hands-on project development and customer contact
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to work regularly and dependably.
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrate ability to utilize conflict resolution skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid Driver’s Licenses.
• CEM certification required (or able to obtain within one year); PE registration desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hand and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical office environment with visits to job sites which includes outdoor work and work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the job site visits, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Career Center Home | Back to Top